Aveda Institute San Antonio | Corpus Christi - Giving Back to Our Community
Through community events, fundraisers and sustainable business practices, the Aveda Institute San Antonio and Aveda Institute Corpus Christi are happy to support the communities in which we live. Both staff and students regularly lend their time and talent.
We partner with:
- Broadway Bank to help Stuff the Bus by collecting school supplies for children.
- Santa Rosa Children’s Hospital, providing hair and makeup for the Flashes of Hope gift of photography project and fundraiser for pediatric cancer research
- The Kraddick Foundation’s Glamour Squad program, providing a Day of Beauty for chronically and terminally ill children.
- CPS (Child Protective Services) providing back to school hair services for children.
- Fox San Antonio’s Fiesta Fierce Fashion Parade, providing hair and makeup for models as they raise awareness of, and funds for San Antonio charities.
- La Palmera's and Ready or Not Foundation's Ready.Set.Gold. in support of raising funds and awareness for all forms of pediatric cancer.
- Flawless Fashion Show, to raise funds and awareness for the Magdelena House.
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children)
- The Michelle Lake Audubon Society
- The Gulf Restoration Network and Lower Mississippi Riverkeeper.
- Recycling of glass, plastic, paper and aluminum.
- Earth Month efforts: Our annual ‘Walk for Water’ raises awareness and funds for clean water.
Our mission to give back to society is coupled with our desire to nurture within our students the importance of community stewardship. Our future professionals will be well prepared to move forward in their careers with a sense of responsibility and compassion toward the world, and within the world of beauty.